As the snow and ice thaws at last, we’re getting keyed up for Small Business 2.0 in London on the 23rd. We’ve got some great speakers, sessions and exhibitors and I’m looking forward to a great day at the Novotel in Hammersmith
If you haven’t heard about Small Business 2.0, it’s a day dedicated to small businesses who want to get a bit of online action and develop their biz. That could be building a brilliant website, ecommerce, search marketing, SEO (search engine optimisation) social media, email marketing and all the rest. If we had a motto it would be “there are no stupid questions” because we recognise that plenty of small firms haven’t even begun to seriously exploit the online opportunity.
– Richard Kanareck from eBay will be in the house talking about developments there.
– The simply wonderful Emma Jones from Enterprise Nation will be hosting some of the sessions and be on hand to help out.
– The BT Tradespace team are sponsoring the event and the brilliant Ivan Croxford will be speaking.
– And we’ll have people on hand to talk Google, Bing, SEO and the rest from our host of exhibitors.
– And plenty more. It’ll only set you back a mere tenner.
It’s a good time to think about embracing the web, I reckon. Turning over a new leaf and learning new things is what January is all about. And the atmosphere at SB2 is good. We keep it informal and discourage the hard sell. Yes, we want to connect SMEs with service providers… but who said it can’t be a fun experience? There’s a bar this time so hopefully the time honoured British tradition of doing business over a pint will be in evidence too! People who came last time said they had a great day. Networking is definitely part of the fun and we can facilitate that if you’re shy.
And obviously I’ll be there. So it would be good to catch up. Incidentally we have a few spots for exhibitors left and if you’ve got a topic close to your heart we may be able to squeeze in a short talk or two. I may even have a few freebie tickets knocking around if you ask nicely.
Hopefully see you there.